Sunday, April 18, 2010

Small project update

Not a whole lot has happened w/ the house since last Fall. It's spring now and we're slow getting back in to the "Home Improvement Groove."

Today, I decided to see what I could do about the metal bits around the house. Like everything else on the first floor, the door hardware was spray painted over w/ an almond colored paint.

After about an hour of simmering in a water & baking soda immersion bath, the paint sloughed off quite easily. Use a stainless steel pot dedicated to these sort of things to help ensure food safety later.





I have five more of these sets, plus all the door hinges. I plan on stripping the doors down to bare wood (a project for a dry day, for sure) and going from there. I wish I could do the same for the rest of the wood in the upstairs, but I doubt that's feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment