Thursday, September 3, 2009

Toilet update

When last I posted, the toilet was installed for the 2nd time. Sure enough, not 10 days later the damn thing started leaking again when Himself used it. When I went to disconnect the water line, I noticed that the tank had a crack down the front. Replacement time.

Fast forward to today. One of my co-workers had an extra toilet new-in-box hanging out in his garage and he sold it to me for $50. Yay! It's actually a better match for the current color in the bathroom (bone), and it's the same style as the old one. Another run to the hardware store for yet another wax ring and a new toilet seat. I figure I'll get around to installing it sometime this evening. Third time's the Charm, right?

I also started working on some of the window glazing on the front of the house. The old stuff was gone on one of the windows, along with quite a bit of paint. I chipped out and pried out everything that was loose and layed in new putty. Had I known that they make latex window glazing in a caulking tube these days, I probably would have used that. Oh well, I think the linseed based stuff will probably be better in the long run. Besides, it looks better than the glazing done by the "professional home repair people" who replace two of the panes on the house during escrow.

Re-glazing project

Re-glazing project
I have to wait until it cures before priming & painting, but I think it'll look ok. I did a total of 5 windows - just the bottom and sides where needed. I didn't see the point in chipping out solid glazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment